From: Pritpal Bedi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [Harbour] HBNETIO - Production Application Usage
Here is what I did to test my flagship application "Vouch"
under HBNETIO protocol concurrently with same system where
data resides, on LAN connected terminals with/without NETIO,
on real-time WEB-IP, and everything worked extremely fine.
The only issue worth reporting is the speed on WEB-IP
whic was 8 times slower than stand-alone and about
5 times slower than LAN.
ULTIMATELY - results were so satisfying that my clients
were noticeably impressed. And the credit goes to, PRZEMEK.
Thanks, you did a splendid job.
For WEB-IP we tested with this scenario:
1. Forwarded a port, #63000, on our wireless router.
2. Obtained a domain, vouch.dynalias.com, from DynDNS.com
3. Updated its IP with our server's IP.
4. Executed netiosrv.exe with 63000 192.168.1.108 c:\creative.v15
5. From the terminals invoked "Vouch.exe" with parameters
"vouch.dynalias.com" and "63000" through Vouch.ini.
6. Executed "Vouch.exe" as regular application as before from other
terminals and from same server station.
VOILA all went fine. One terminal employed was from out of the country.
All data updates, concurrent, were ok. All locks respected.
A big leap forward.