This article is written in in response to a comment left on Clipper... Clipper.. Clipper by Terry Carrol on 3rd July 2011 who asked
I’d like to know if there is an easy migration from Clipper to something else that I could make my Clipper program work on a 64-bit machine..."
As you are probably aware, Clipper apps being 16-bits cannot run on 64-bits Windows 7. For it to do so, it must be converted to 32-bits by using the Harbour or xHarbour. I had previously show how to do so in Migrating from CA-Clipper 5.2e to xHarbour (Part I), a 3-part series. So this article focuses on using Harbour 2.1
Step 1 - Convert your Clipper link (*.lnk) file to Harbour Project File (*.hbp)
Step 2 - Use Hbmk2 to compile the .hbp file
Step 1
1.1 Let us start by looking a Blinker link file of one of my actual Clipper project
BLINKER INCREMENTAL OFF
BLINKER EXECUTABLE COMPRESS
BLINKER EXECUTABLE CLIPPER F99
BLINKER PROCEDURE DEPTH 70
BLINKER OVERLAY OPSIZE 30
STACK 7168
FILE FC_MAIN
OUTPUT FASCALL
BEGINAREA
FILE WRPT_GLL
FILE WRPT_ARL
FILE WRPT_ARD
FILE WRPT_ARS
FILE WRPT_APL
FILE WRPT_APD
FILE WRPT_APS
FILE \KSLIB\CLIPLIB\UTILITY
FILE \CLIPLIB\COMIX\CLIPMORE\52\CM52.OBJ
ALLOCATE \CLIPLIB\COMIX\CLIPMORE\52\CM52
FILE \CLIPLIB\COMIX\COMIX\52\CMX52.OBJ
ALLOCATE \CLIPLIB\COMIX\COMIX\52\CMX52
ENDAREA
LIBRARY CLIPPER
LIBRARY EXTEND
LIBRARY DBFCDX
NOBELL
1.2 Convert the fascall.lnk to fascall.hbp
-ofascall4w7.exe
-w0
-es2
-rebuild
fc_main
WRPT_GLL
WRPT_ARL
WRPT_ARD
WRPT_ARS
WRPT_APL
WRPT_APD
WRPT_APS
UTILITY
Step 2
hbmk2 FASCALL.HBP
Result
You are bound to have a number of unresolved Externals, ie functions not supported by Harbour.
Once you have found alternative functions, FASCALL4W7.EXE, a true 32-bit executable will run on Windows 7 64-bits.
That's it :-)
Who can help me to convert prg files from 5.20 to windows platform .if you can, I can send you prg-files...email me at " kontabilisti@t-home.mk "
ReplyDelete