Recently, I downloaded hb2.1 and found that it does resolve some of the issues I faced in recompiling XHarbour apps circa 2006 to Harbour 2.0. For example, pressing ESC when in a memo field DBEDIT() did not work in hb2.0 even when I made no changes.
Do you know how many changes that has been made since hb2.0 ? Would you believe that more than 3,000 changes have been made. Check out this excerpt of the response from Viktor on my request for hm to provide me a list of changes since hb2.0
Viktor - 16/1/2011
=============
Phew... for this I'd need to spend many long days to gather all changes (from ChangeLog) and translate them to some digestible terms. I had actually asked dev list members to do it, but there was barely any help.
In fact this job was not even finished for 1.0 -> 2.0 changes, there were so many of them. Now there are 3000 more changes since 2.0, so, it should be made community effort in some ways. I agree it's very good idea and very important to get such list.
CCH: Perhaps, I should start to wade through the ChangeLog and start posting on this blog :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment