Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Can GTWVG work with xHarbour ?

CCH : I have been asked quite a few times as to whether GTWVG will compile with xHarbour.
Initially, I thought why not as Ron Pinkas was the one who mentioned about WVG in a response to me in the xHarbour Builder News Group. At that time, I was using the September 2008 Edition of xHarbour.com distro.

Today, Sudip Bhattacharyya revealed an email discussion with Pritpal regarding this matter.

Q. Is there any way to use xHarbour+wvg?

QUOTE by Pritpal Bedi

WVG as of now is not compilable with xHarbour. It is multi-windows, multi-threaded approach and some very fine new concepts which are only available in Harbour.

I had ported WVG to xHarbour but about 1.5 years before. That version is workable but you have to compile it with your own tools. Just look for xharbour/contrib/gtwvg folder in CVS.

Due to its limitations I am not contributing to xHarbour any more.

UNQUOTE

No comments:

Post a Comment