Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Migrating from CA-Clipper 5.2e to xHarbour (Part I)

I am going to attempt a migration of a Clipper 5.2e DOS application for Financial Accounting to a Win32 version using xHarbour. BTW, I had already moved this product to Win32 via Delphi 5 in 1997 :-)

Step 1


Test compile using Clipper 5.2e via blinkfas.rmk
Test link using Blinker5 via link script blinkfas.lnk

Status : FAS.EXE created

Nb. This is to verify that the 5.2e project can indeed be built

Step 2

Launch xHarbour Project Builder



Step 3

a) Update Project Root Folder
C:\xHB\Projects\FAS

b) Update Target Name
FAS.EXE

Step 4

a) Select Tab 2

b) Update Main Source File

Step 5

a) Select Tab 3

b) Add Project *.prg

c) Replace *.prg from xHarbour-compatible SuperLib

Step 6

a) Click Build

Result :

Fas_main.prg, Line 5, can't open include file chcass.ch

Solution : Block temp with //

b) Click Build

Result :

Unresolved external symbols

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment